Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Orientation....

For the last four weeks I have been doing my clinicals at the "private hospital" in their brand spankin' new wing. I'm talking huge rooms with huge bathrooms, easy in and out showers, flat screen tv's hardwood floors, granite countertops. The staff there is super nice and would be the ideal place if you had to be on the cardiac floor there. It's been a good experience, a lot of early mornings, and hard work but I learned a lot and met some really awesome people. Last week we oriented to our new floor for the next four weeks of clinicals. Talk about going from the Taj Mahal to the motel 6. We are moving to the "county hospital" The rooms are very small, no extras, an old school tv, a tiny bathroom that reminds me of the one we had at our house in Milford... the word tiny barely fits the bill here. The halls are very narrow, and overall it's dirty. There was trash lining the halls, well not all of them but more than you would like to see at a hospital. Everything is different. I have heard though that the people that work there are nice and very helpful. I don't do well in new situations, quiet, not proactive and am overwhelmed by the newness of it all. Tomorrow afternoon is the first time I head over there for patient information.... here goes nothing I suppose....

No comments: