Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another semester closer

As this semester ends on a very high note there is so much stuff that I have learned, and experienced... some are way more pleasant than others.

I have spent 8 weeks in clinicals, doing care plans that took upwards of 6 to 8 hours and sometimes (a lil shorter if I was lucky). I took care of 10 pts. for anywhere from 3 hours to 6 hours. Some were much more pleasant experiences than others. Like the time I had a scizophrenic patient who would chat one minute and be on the defense the next. The diarrhea of 2 of my patients (try keeping a straight face on that!). Administering medications, and shots (need one, I can help). Putting in a foley, and taking IVs out. That first smell of warm prune juice (GAG!) The patients who were super nice, even if not all there. The one that was almost unarousable (SCARY). An overbearing family who made me RUN my head off. But, all in all it has been a rollercoaster of an experience of clinicals this semester. I certainly have learned a lot.

Classes, boy they were hard, they don't joke when they say Nursing school aint for the weak! I did end up with A's in both of my classes though (one just by the skin of teeth) and so no stressing over finals.

I have made quite a few new friends and I'm really enjoying getting to know them and going through this together.

I am glad for the experiences that come with nursing school, but I'm also ready to graduate already LoL! December 2010 here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo for you!

Unknown said...

Chris and I are very proud of you!! We cant wait for you to finish!! Dont forget when you need anything just let us know!!
love ya!
Tosha, Chris, & Maddox