Thursday, October 2, 2008

Second Opinion

Well today was headed to Lubbock (2 hours south) to see Dr. M. (I know right, finally not a b huh?), an immunologist/allergist, for a second opinion on hypogammaglobulinemia. Here's what he thinks:
  1. Not enough tests were done.
  2. He could not say for sure either way and did not think ivig was a good idea until he could say for sure.
  3. Time for more testing.

What he did:

  • Pnuemovax (vaccine for pneumonia), to see if I develop any antibodies within the next four weeks.
  • Blood work to check my pneumonia antibodies currently, to check my tetnus antibodies and to take a look at my immunoglobin levels again.
  • Return in 6 weeks to see the results.

That is all we know at this point. Sorry no answers but further investigation is needed and so we'll have to wait and see what happens I suppose. If I do have hypogammaglobulinemia I am going to switch doctors. I liked that he answered questions, explained things and laid it all out there for us. If not and I just need allergy shots I will still change doctors but use a local one.

No comments: