Friday, May 2, 2008

so yeah wow...

First things first... I GOT A JOB!! It's a pretty good job, with a horrible schedule, and a horrible pay... but if I get a higher paying job then I will have to leave or maybe work both jobs. For sure the first day I came home with a HUGE headache... Oh wait I am getting ahead of myself. I am working at Panhandle Assessment Center which takes care of kids that have been removed from their home for abuse or neglect, or it maybe that they used to be a foster home but things didn't work out for whatever reason, so they come to the center and stay for up to 12 weeks until they get a place to stay. Right now there are 17 kids total, 9 girls, and 6 boys. They were getting some new ones when I left this evening so I am thinking there are going to a few more girls and boys tomorrow when I go. I am about 12 hours away from finishing my training. I start my own shifts on Friday, and I have work the whole weekend!! :-P Saturday myself and another brand new girl are running the day shift so I am going in tomorrow to train for about six hours to see how the saturday shift works. I hope they aren't planning an outing since I still can't drive their vehicles yet. The kids are pretty difficult at times but other times they are good. I am a little worried because they don't listen to me very well lol. We'll see what happens I guess, I have an interview Monday but am trying to hold out for another position at a surgery center but we'll see I guess...

Secondly yeah I don't really have a secondly so hope you liked the first part LoL

No comments: